Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Somewhat Brief Autobiography (Part 1)

Before I begin my rants on the GalNet, I must first introduce myself..from the beginning. My name is Rek Jaiga. I was born in YC93 in the Ammatar Mandate (specifically, Khankenirdia II). I grew up in the long-sacred bonds of slavery to a Holder (who I shall not name in this entry, because of his heroic sacrifice for the Starkmanir. The Empire would surely retaliate by shaming his heirs.) of military background. My father served as an electrician and all-around handyman for the manor, and my mother was renowned as an excellent financial bookkeeper and number-cruncher (all very respectable positions of servitude, I might add).  I myself had been tasked with caring for my master's Slaver hounds, which was easy enough so long as the hounds were in any mood other than angry or irate. As with most indentured families in the community we attended religious services at the local chapter of the Ammatar Church. My Holder was a bit eccentric and archaic, but kind enough. He actually went out of his way to teach me some bits of an older Amarrian education system known as the "trivium" which was composed of grammar, rhetoric, and logic. In retrospect this was unusual for a Holder to be so kind to an individual slave, but I later found out why.  It all was a quiet but enlightening existence in a Tsula Plantations manager's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment