Saturday, January 14, 2012

Union

Today was....interesting!

It began with some relatively light ops in Arzad, once again beating back the Sansha threat in the belts there and converting the surviving scrap into usable metals. This, combined with some idle chat in The Summit, was quite fine. The people in that channel seem to think I lick Avlynka's boots or something though....perhaps they've never served in a military capacity. It would be foolish of me to not recognize my own bias and feelings but...whatever.

So that went well. We then celebrated the marriage between Astrid Stjerna and Conventia Underking. That event was the highlight of the day. It was a wonderful ceremony, complete with the smells of a local tree species and fire. Yet another thing excellently adminstered by Avlynka.

It was a bit odd when Esna Pitoojee showed up, but I figured he's a good friend to Avlynka and he seems nice enough. When he entered there seemed to be some sort of tension...not sure. Conventia took Astrid up on her shoulder and charged out at the quickest moment possible, so I'm not sure if the two events (Esna entering and Conventia leaving with Astrid in tow) are related. It didn't worry me so much until I saw vehicle tracks outside going off to who-the-hell-knows-where. Avlynka said everything would be fine, and within an hour we received word from Astrid that everything's fine. So my usual paranoia beated down, I went ahead and relaxed to drink some tea.

As long as everyone's happy, that's what matters. Everything else is secondary.

No comments:

Post a Comment